Best of 2017 – Live Music
Here we go, my Best of 2017 – Live Music. I can honestly say that 2017 was one of my favourite for shooting live music. I went from the small sweaty stages in the back room of pubs with 50 people. To festivals with 50,000 people.
Musically, 2017 started loud with a trip to the ‘Home of Metal’ Birmingham to see & shoot my brothers in Valous. The rest of the music year was spent shooting in Cornwall. Some homegrown talent thanks to Tinnedfruit and the Velvet Hands. And there were some well known names too… alt-J, Royal Blood, Foals, Maximo Park, Jamiroquai, Madness and Stormzy. Plus a lot more as you’ll see!
A new venue in Truro called the Old Bakery Studios opened and provided Cornwall with an amazing new music, art & performance space. I shot some great shows there and already have a few lined up for 2018.
My highlights of 2017 was getting to shoot two of the largest festivals in Cornwall. Boardmasters and the Eden Sessions. Both festivals had some of the biggest names in music. Plus plenty of new and upcoming names to watch out for.
And keep scrolling to the bottom… You will find my annual list of my favourite albums.
No end of year music list would be complete without my favourite albums of the year. 1. Mark Lanegan – Gargoyle 11. Tinnedfruit – Sorry Guys
2. St Vincent – Masseducation
3. The War On Drugs – A Deeper Understanding
4. Noel Gallagher – Who Built The Moon
5. All Pigs Must Die – Hostage Animal
6. The Bronx – V
7. Courtney Barnett, Kurt Vile – Lotta Sea Lice
8. Quicksand – Interiors
9. Oh Sees – Orc
10. Mastodon – Emperor Of Sand
12. Baxter Dury – Prince Of Tears
13. Beck – Colours
14. Powertrip – Nightmare Logic
15. A Blaze Of Feather – A Blaze Of Feather
16. Craig Finn – We All Want The Same Things
17. The Black Angels – Death Song
18. Protomartyr – Relatives In Descent
19. Mogwai – Every Country’s Sun
20. ’68 – Two Parts Viper
1. Mark Lanegan – Gargoyle
11. Tinnedfruit – Sorry Guys